Mr. Solomon is an experienced trial attorney and commercial litigator whose broad practice includes representing corporate and individual clients – including national and multi-national retailers, wholesalers, manufacturers, and high-net worth professionals – in State and Federal Trial and Appellate Courts throughout the United States in all aspects of a wide variety of complex commercial litigation matters. Indeed, in 2017, Mr. Solomon was recognized as receiving one of the top 50 verdicts in New York for his representation of a trademark holder in which he first chaired a jury trial to a successful multi-million dollar verdict. See Top 50 Verdicts in New York in 2017, TOP VERDICT, https://topverdict.com/lists/2017/new-york/50.
Mr. Solomon utilizes his extensive knowledge in complex commercial litigation and intellectual property and new technologies to counsel clients on both pre-litigation strategies as well as transactional matters regarding brand licensing, internet presence, proliferation and complex multi-jurisdictional issues. Mr. Solomon also leverages his extensive trial and appellate court experience to be a constant agent for change for his clients in every aspect of his representation.
- Successfully represented manufacturer in federal jury trial against national retailer for trademark infringement and obtained multi-million dollar award including a disgorgement of profits, attorneys’ fees and interest, and received one of the top 50 verdicts of 2017.
- Successfully represented trademark owner in enjoining foreign manufacturer from continuing to infringe its brand.
- Effectively represented high-net worth individual in state and federal litigations concerning large tract of ocean-front property in the Hamptons.
- Successfully represented licensee of famous clothing designer trademark in connection with a dispute concerning the renewal of that multi-million dollar license.
- Effectively represented numerous alleged copyright infringers in defending state and federal actions in New York and California.
- Effectively represented high-net worth individual in state Supreme Court litigation regarding fraud.
- Successfully represented defendant in State Supreme Court jury trial concerning several notes.
- Effectively represented trademark owner in New York Federal Court against Chinese Government owned manufacturing company in a dispute over trademark infringement resulting in a broad preliminary injunction and favorable settlement for trademark owner.
- Successfully represented well-known and high profile night club in New York’s exclusive Meat Packing District against claims of sound infiltration by neighboring property by analyzing the complex cumulative principles of sound dispersion.
- Effectively represented CEO of health care provider in Florida Federal Court over a highly defamatory website resulting in the shutdown of the website.
- Effectively represented audio component manufacturer in Utah Federal Court being sued by another audio component manufacturer over alleged trademark infringement.
- Effectively represented prominent New York City night club in their efforts to acoustically isolate their establishment and calibrate their sound system to ensure compliance with the modified New York City Noise Code.
- Successfully represented the purchaser of real estate located in Pennsylvania against claims brought by New York real estate brokers for alleged unpaid broker commissions by obtaining affirmation of the lower court’s decision to fully dismiss all claims on the basis that the New York brokers were unlicensed in Pennsylvania, and their claims were barred under New York and Pennsylvania law.
- Successfully tried case against commercial manufacturer and vendor regarding breach of warranty claims and obtained six figure award.
- Successfully represented several well-known night-club proprietors in reclaiming their interest in the intellectual property associated with several night clubs they developed, resulting in a favorable settlement for the developers.
- Successfully represented owner of large New Jersey shopping complex against neighboring developer’s attempt to violate restrictive covenants governing the utilization of both properties, which resulted in a multi-million dollar resolution of the parties’ dispute.
- Successfully represented owner of landmark NoHo building in multifaceted litigation resulting in tenant’s eviction.
- Effectively represented prominent high-end clothing designer and manufacturer against claims of copyright infringement.
- Successfully defended a developer of property in Brooklyn against neighbor’s claim that the underpinning necessary to construct client’s project was damaging neighbor’s building and vacated Court order enjoining construction.
- Effectively represented nationwide service company against claims from various Attorney Generals regarding fraudulent advertising and failure to comply with local ordinances regarding licensure.
New York State
- United States District Court for the Southern District of New York
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of New York
- Second Circuit Court of Appeals
New Jersey State
- United States District Court for the District of New Jersey
J.D. Benjamin N. Cardozo School of Law
- Dual Concentration: General Litigation and Intellectual Property
- Notes Editor, Cardozo Journal of Conflict Resolution
B.A. Psychology, Tufts University
- Magna Cum Laude