Mr. Oved is Chairman of the firm’s litigation department. He has an established reputation as a decisive and influential litigator who passionately advocates for his clients to achieve spectacular results. He is an experienced trial attorney and commercial litigator whose broad practice includes representing high net worth individuals as well as national and multi-national corporations in State and Federal Trial and Appellate Courts throughout the United States in all aspects of a wide variety of complex commercial litigation matters, which often include “bet the company” cases. In 2017, Mr. Oved was recognized as receiving one of the top 50 verdicts in New York for his successful representation of a trademark holder in which he obtained a multi-million dollar jury verdict. See Top 50 Verdicts in New York in 2017, TOP VERDICT, https://topverdict.com/lists/2017/new-york/50.
Mr. Oved is widely recognized and regarded by many clients, attorneys and judges as having the strategic vision of a wartime commander when he is engaged in a litigation or arbitration. His commitment to excellence and perfection on behalf of his clients, and his unwavering determination to leave no stone unturned, is attested to by the numerous exceptional results achieved for his clients. Many of Mr. Oved’s cases have been reported on the front pages of the New York Law Journal, Fox Business News, the New York Post, the New York Times, Bloomberg, The Real Deal and The Washington Post.
In addition to representing clients as an advocate, Mr. Oved also has extensive mediation and arbitration expertise. He is a member of the prestigious Roster of Neutral Mediators of the Alternative Dispute Resolution Program for the Commercial Division in New York County Supreme Court which handles complex commercial cases with a minimum monetary threshold of $500,000 and is also authorized by the New York State Court Administration to serve as a Referee and to act as counsel to Receivers in both New York and Kings County.
- Successfully represented celebrity iron chef client in obtaining New York State Supreme Court judgment, interest and legal costs for breach of contract action for unpaid consulting fees. Case reported on in multiple media sources.
- Successfully represented several European soccer legends in connection with hotly contested sale of TriBeCa hotel development site and resultant litigation, appeal and arbitrations. Obtained court order for payment of client’s costs and disbursements. Case reported on in The Real Deal.
- Successfully achieved multi-million dollar arbitration award for damages and attorneys’ fees in major partnership dispute between co-owners of a chain of Manhattan retail stores including corporate headquarters of an $85 million Manhattan office building; successfully defend award through multiple confirmation proceedings and appeal.
- Successfully defeated federal commercial bribery action brought by worldwide electronics manufacturer, obtained dismissal of the action, two attorneys’ fees awards and press release that cleared client of any wrongdoing.
- Obtained favorable settlement for telecommunications broker in commissions case against Fortune 500 telecommunications company.
- Obtained dismissal of member derivative action alleging breach of fiduciary duty against corporate officer for lack of standing and failure to state a cause of action.
- Obtained favorable settlement for owner of New York City restaurant in dispute with co-owner alleging fraud after defeating pivotal preliminary injunction motion.
- Obtained order dismissing a defamation action against an established New York Rabbinic Council based on First Amendment grounds.
- Obtained dismissal of RICO claims brought by a merchant service company against an electronics retailer.
- Successfully defended numerous Ponzi scheme victims in adversary proceedings commenced by bankruptcy trustee seeking to recover allegedly fraudulent transfers.
- Successfully defeated national home warranty company against a motion for a TRO and preliminary injunction to enforce various non-compete and non-solicitation agreements, which resulted dismissal of the case.
- Successfully opposed class certification motion in an unpaid intern class action on behalf of one of largest public relations firms in the country.
- Obtained favorable settlement for hedge fund manager in employment dispute with the majority shareholder involving claims for fraud, breach of fiduciary duty and conversion of corporate assets.
- Successfully defeated motion to dismiss fraud and rescission counterclaims against world-wide mall operator who sued client for breach of its lease at World Trade Center. Decision featured in the Real Deal.
- Obtained favorable settlement in a highly publicized partnership dispute between the owners of Manhattan real estate brokerage and various other real estate businesses. Settlement featured in the Real Deal.
- Obtained summary judgment on behalf of high profile real estate developer dismissing complaint alleging breach of contract.
- Authored successful appeal to the Appellate Division on behalf of the seller in a real estate contract, securing reversal of an order granting specific performance to plaintiff and denying summary judgment to seller.
- Obtained restraining order against New York City Department of Buildings from enforcing vacate and closure order issued against a popular New York City eatery.
- Successfully represented manufacturer in Federal jury trial against national retailer for trademark infringement and obtained multi-million dollar award including a disgorgement of profits, attorneys’ fees and interest, and received one of the top 50 verdicts of 2017.
- Successfully represented trademark owner in enjoining foreign manufacturer from continuing to infringe its brand.
- Effectively represented high-net worth individual in state and federal litigations concerning several large tracts of ocean-front property in the Hamptons.
- Successfully represented licensee of famous clothing designer trademark in connection with a dispute concerning the renewal of that multi-million dollar license.
- Successfully represented numerous alleged copyright infringers in defending state and federal actions in New York and California.
- Successfully represented high-net worth individual in state Supreme Court litigation regarding multiple fraud claims.
- Successfully represented defendant in New York State Supreme Court jury trial concerning several promissory notes representing over $5,000,000.
- Successfully represented corporate trademark owner in New York Federal Court against Chinese government owned manufacturing company in a dispute over trademark infringement resulting in a broad preliminary injunction and favorable settlement for client.
- Successfully represented well-known and high profile night club in New York’s exclusive Meat Packing District against claims of sound infiltration by neighboring property by analyzing the complex cumulative principles of sound dispersion.
- Successfully represented CEO of health care provider in Florida Federal Court over a highly defamatory website resulting in the shutdown of the website.
- Successfully represented audio component manufacturer in Utah Federal Court being sued by another audio component manufacturer over alleged trademark infringement.
- Successfully represented prominent New York City night club in their efforts to acoustically isolate their establishment and calibrate their sound system to ensure compliance with the modified New York City Noise Code.
- Successfully represented the purchaser of real estate located in Pennsylvania against claims brought by New York real estate brokers for alleged unpaid broker commissions by obtaining affirmation of lower Court’s decision to fully dismiss all claims on the basis that the New York brokers were unlicensed in Pennsylvania, and their claims were barred under New York and Pennsylvania law.
- Successfully tried case against commercial manufacturer and vendor regarding breach of warranty claims and obtained high six figure award.
- Successfully represented several well-known night-club proprietors in reclaiming their interest in the intellectual property associated with several night clubs they developed, resulting in a favorable settlement for the developers.
- Successfully represented owner of large New Jersey shopping complex against neighboring developer’s attempt to violate restrictive covenants governing the utilization of both properties and which resulted in a multi-million dollar resolution of the parties’ dispute.
- Successfully represented owner of landmark NoHo building in multifaceted litigation resulting in eviction of problem tenants to permit building’s sale.
- Effectively represented prominent high-end clothing designer and manufacturer against multiple claims of copyright infringement.
- Successfully defended a developer of commercial property in Brooklyn against neighbor’s claim that underpinning necessary to construct client’s project was damaging neighbor’s building and promptly vacated Court order enjoining construction.
- Successfully represented nationwide service company against claims initiated by multiple Attorneys General in connection with allegations of fraudulent advertising and failure to comply with local ordinances regarding licensure.
- Successfully represented group of foreign and domestic real estate investors in two litigations seeking to prevent unauthorized sale of condominium units by developer.
- Successfully represented a plaintiff in obtaining a default judgment in Federal District Court after a two day hearing as a sanction for destruction of electronic evidence in a dispute among partners in a real estate venture.
- Successfully represented prominent corporate tenant seeking to rescind a multi-million dollar long-term lease in the Soho neighborhood of Manhattan on the basis of fraudulent inducement.
- Successfully represented manufacturer of industrial fabrics in compelling out of state dealer to litigate in New York a dispute over its right to sell goods, rather than in dealer’s home state.
- Successfully represented telecommunications broker in commissions litigation against Fortune 500 company.
- Successfully represented a plaintiff in obtaining a temporary restraining order and preliminary injunction protecting the trademark rights of a clothing design company in a lawsuit filed in Federal District Court against prominent international manufacturer accused of breaching license and manufacturing agreements.
- Successfully represented a plaintiff in obtaining a temporary restraining order on behalf of investors and managers in prominent New York nightclubs and restaurants in litigation with co-investors over control of limited liability company.
- Successfully prevented financial institution from appointing a receiver in a foreclosure proceeding concerning commercial property in Brooklyn, New York.
- Successfully represented pharmaceutical company and individual officers in commercial contract litigation over theft of trade secrets and poaching employees.
- Successfully represented leading New York construction firm in dispute concerning major downtown construction project.
- Successfully represented prominent nursery school in high-profile litigation concerning relocation of school and portability of its finances.
- Successfully defended California-based manufacturer of telecommunications equipment in products liability litigation against local service providers of telephone services.
- Successfully represented a plaintiff in obtaining a temporary restraining order and preliminary injunction in New York Federal District Court on behalf of California-based seller of Voice Over IP technology in copyright litigation against telephone provider.
- Successfully represented Board of Directors of historic New York City cooperative in real estate dispute concerning the building of unauthorized structures.
- Successfully represented CEO and Chairman of Fortune 500 pharmaceutical company in large securities fraud, ERISA, and accounting irregularity class actions, which included a white collar criminal defense (including SEC and NYSE investigations) in actions involving the Securities and Exchange Commission and USAO.
- Successfully defended Fortune 500 institutional lending company in complex securities and ERISA class actions.
- Successfully represented real estate investment trust in complex anti-takeover litigation.
Mr. Oved serves as a Member of the Board of Trustees of the Rabbinical College of America and as a Faculty Member of the Institute of American and Talmudic Law.
- The Supreme Court of the United States of America
- United States Court of Appeals for the Armed Forces
- United States Court of Appeals for the District of Columbia Circuit Court
- United States Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit Court
- United States Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit Court
- United States Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit Court
- United States Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit Court
- United States Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit Court
- United States Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit Court
- United States Court of Appeals for the Seventh Circuit Court
- United States Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit Court
- United States Court of Appeals for the Tenth Circuit Court
- United States Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit Court
- United States District Court for the Southern District of New York
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of New York
- All New York State Courts
Authorized by New York State Court Administration to Serve as Counsel to a Receiver in New York and Kings County.
Authorized by New York State Court Administration to Serve as a Referee in New York and Kings County.
His favorite saying: Trifles make perfection and perfection is no trifle.