Mr. Wipper is a senior litigator who routinely represents numerous prominent corporations, small businesses, and individuals in complex commercial litigation, construction litigation, real estate litigation, investor disputes, products liability, securities litigation, and criminal and regulatory investigations. Mr. Wipper has an established reputation as a tough, seasoned litigator who zealously advocates for his clients and achieves quick and decisive results. Mr. Wipper practices regularly before state and federal trial courts and appellate courts in New York, having litigated before trial courts in Manhattan, the Bronx, Brooklyn, and Queens, the United States District Courts in the Southern and Eastern Districts of New York, the Appellate Division, the United States Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit, and the United States Supreme Court.
Prior to joining the firm, Mr. Wipper was previously associated with the prestigious international law firms of Milbank Tweed Hadley & McCloy LLP and Winston & Strawn LLP.
- Successfully represented group of foreign and domestic real estate investors in two litigations seeking to prevent unauthorized sale of condominium units by developer.
- Successfully represented a plaintiff in obtaining a default judgment in Federal District Court after a two day hearing as a sanction for destruction of electronic evidence in a dispute among partners in a real estate venture.
- Successfully represented prominent corporate tenant seeking to rescind a multi-million dollar long-term lease in the Soho neighborhood of Manhattan on the basis of fraudulent inducement.
- Successfully represented manufacturer of industrial fabrics in compelling out of state dealer to litigate in New York a dispute over its right to sell goods, rather than in dealer’s home state.
- Successfully represented telecommunications broker in commissions litigation against Fortune 500 company.
- Successfully represented a plaintiff in obtaining a temporary restraining order and preliminary injunction protecting the trademark rights of a clothing design company in a lawsuit filed in Federal District Court against prominent international manufacturer accused of breaching license and manufacturing agreements.
- Successfully represented a plaintiff in obtaining a temporary restraining order on behalf of investors and managers in prominent New York nightclubs and restaurants in litigation with co-investors over control of limited liability company.
- Successfully prevented financial institution from appointing a receiver in a foreclosure proceeding concerning commercial property in Brooklyn, New York.
- Successfully represented pharmaceutical company and individual officers in commercial contract litigation over theft of trade secrets and poaching employees.
- Successfully represented leading New York construction firm in dispute concerning major downtown construction project.
- Successfully represented prominent nursery school in high-profile litigation concerning relocation of school and portability of its finances.
- Successfully defended California-based manufacturer of telecommunications equipment in products liability litigation against local service providers of telephone services.
- Successfully represented a plaintiff in obtaining a temporary restraining order and preliminary injunction in New York Federal District Court on behalf of California-based seller of Voice Over IP technology in copyright litigation against telephone provider.
- Successfully represented board of directors of historic New York City cooperative in real estate dispute concerning the building of unauthorized structures.
- Successfully represented CEO and Chairman of Fortune 500 pharmaceutical company in large securities fraud, ERISA, and accounting irregularity class actions, which included a white collar criminal defense (including SEC and NYSE investigations) in actions involving the Securities and Exchange Commission, and USAO.
- Successfully defended Fortune 500 institutional lending company in complex securities and ERISA class actions.
- Successfully represented real estate investment trust in complex anti-takeover litigation.
- Successfully represented federal and local providers of legal services to the poor in litigation to recover real property.
Mr. Wipper is an adjunct professor of law at Hofstra University School of Law teaching litigation drafting.
New York State
- United States District Court for the Southern District of New York
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of New York
- United States Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit
J.D. College of William and Mary, Marshall Wythe School of Law
B.A. Johns Hopkins University