Mr. Lenihan is an experienced commercial and business litigator who has represented corporate and individual clients in federal courts and various private arbitration and mediation forums. He focuses his practices on disputes concerning breach of contract, business divorces, breach of fiduciary duty, shareholder derivative actions, financial services, investments, restrictive covenant disputes and severance issues, founder equity grants, corporate governance and real estate development.
Known for his aggressive approach to litigation and his attention to detail, Mr. Lenihan strives to resolve disputes in an efficient, cost effective manner while best protecting his clients’ interests.
Prior to joining the firm, Mr. Lenihan was associated with prestigious law firm of Frydman LLC.
- Obtained dismissal of action against investment company for tortious interference with contract and fraudulent conveyance concerning purchase of $70 million of pre-IPO securities.
- Obtained arbitration award in favor of member of real estate development company finding co-member usurped corporate opportunity, including $400K punitive damage award and constructive trust over development project assets worth over $6 million, and successfully defended the award through confirmation proceedings.
- Obtained arbitration award in favor of private equity fund partner, dismissing claims brought by general partner, including breach of contract and fiduciary duty, seeking tens of millions of dollars in damages.
- Obtained favorable settlement for limited partner of real estate investment fund in dispute with general partner over misuse of multi-millions of dollars of assets.
- Obtained favorable settlement for member of company selling proprietary construction product against co-member for claims of improper competition and usurpation of assets.
- Obtained favorable settlement for advertising company against former employee in dispute over improper competition, theft of trade secrets and breach of contract.
- Obtained summary judgment dismissing all claims brought by owner of neighboring property alleging violation of easement rights, trespass and construction defects.
- Obtained favorable settlement for joint venture member in derivative action alleging breaches of contract and fiduciary duty.
- Obtained favorable settlement for large investment fund in competing claims concerning purchases of disputed life insurance policies.
- Selected three time to the New York Super Lawyers Rising Stars list
- New York State
- United States District Court for the Southern District of New York
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of New York
J.D. Fordham University School of Law
- Member of the Fordham Environmental Law Journal
B.A. Wesleyan University