Jacob Imir is a partner in Firm’s Transactional Department, and routinely represents clients on mergers and acquisitions, real estate, corporate finance, secured lending and general corporate matters. His experience includes all forms of general corporate representation on behalf of publicly held and private corporations, partnerships, and other entities in a variety of industries, including energy, real estate, information technology, fashion, retail and intellectual property.
Mr. Imir routinely handles sophisticated real estate matters, including land acquisition, financing, development, construction, leasing and disposition, and has significant experience in equity investing and joint venture formation and structuring, having represented both developers and investors in single-asset and portfolio transactions of all real estate asset classes.
Additionally, Mr. Imir has substantial background in the negotiation and preparation of sophisticated joint venture agreements and the acquisition and disposition of corporate assets, as well as shareholder agreements, partnership agreements, employment agreements, manufacturing and distribution agreements, and licensing agreements.
In recognition of his achievements, Mr. Imir has been selected as a “Super Lawyer” by New York Metro Super Lawyers.
- Represented a publicly traded home heating oil company in the acquisition of assets of a Maryland based full-service petroleum products and HVAC services company servicing approximately 28,800 accounts with annual volume (heating oil, propane and motor fuel) of approximately 20 million gallons.
- Represented a publicly traded full service energy provider in the acquisition of assets of a New York based environmental remediation and tank and utility related services company.
- Represented a 501(c)(3) based community center in connection with $15,500,000 bond conversion and refinancing.
- Represented Religious Corporation in connection with multiple refinancing’s requiring NY Attorney General Approvals.
- Acted as counsel to world renowned couture apparel company in connection with its flaghip retail lease in Soho.
- Acted as counsel to purchaser with respect to the acquisition of a contiguous portfolio of mixed use properties consisting of an entire city block in Harlem.
- Represented Purchaser in connection with the financing and acquisition of a $35,000,000 commercial property in downtown Brooklyn.
- Represented Purchaser in connection with a $29,000,000 refinancing of its property in downtown Brooklyn.
- Represented global cloud infrastructure provider with lease of SoHo headquarters, as well as multiple lease amendments expanding leased premises footprint within the building.
- Represented luxury fashion tenant in the negotiation and consummation of Class-A retail store leases in throughout the United States.
- Represented emerging collective office space company in the negotiation of over 150,000sf of co-working space leases in NYC including Herald Square, Lincoln Square, as well as the construction, license, and vendor agreements related to their business.
- Represented internationally recognized trademark licensee in connection with accessory licenses related to fashion, sports and entertainment.
- Represented major private equity firm in connection with $5,000,000 SoHo headquarters lease.
New York State
J.D. Benjamin N. Cardozo School of Law
B.A. Binghamton University
New York Metro Super Lawyers® – Rising Star, 2018 and 2019