Mr. Weinstein is a commercial litigator who has experience representing businesses and individuals in both federal and state court actions, and in alternative dispute resolution forums throughout the country. His practice covers nearly all phases of litigation, from initial fact investigation and drafting pleadings, through discovery, motion practice, trial, and post-trial briefing. His practice is primarily focused on litigation involving contracts, business torts, and real estate. In addition to his commercial litigation practice, Mr. Weinstein also advises the firm on pre-deal merger and acquisition due-diligence. Known for creative litigation strategies that utilize his extensive experience as former private investigator, Mr. Weinstein is proud to have consistently delivered excellent results for his clients. Below are some of Mr. Weinstein’s notable accomplishments and representative successes:
- Successfully defeated multiple motions to dismiss claims for breach of contract, fraud, unjust enrichment, trespass, and conversion in a dispute brought by a homeowner against their contractor.
- Obtained summary judgment on behalf of property owner dismissing a complaint seeking a prescriptive easement over our client’s property and damages for trespass.
- Integral member of a trial team that successfully obtained a multi-million dollar trademark infringement verdict in favor of our client, an international clothier.
- Integral member of a trial team that successfully obtained a jury verdict that resulted in the complete dismissal of all claims against our client, a real estate developer.
- Successfully compelled the production of documents from a recalcitrant litigant who refused to participate in discovery.
- Successfully enforced and collected multiple judgments, each exceeding $100,000.00, against commercial tenants and clothing manufacturers.
- Obtained favorable settlements in multiple actions brought under the Telephone Communications Privacy Act (“TCPA”).
- Obtained favorable settlement for a non-profit organization following a real estate dispute with the organization’s former tenant following extensive motion practice.
- Successfully effectuated service of process on numerous international entities and persons pursuant to the Hague Service Convention.
- Successfully effectuated service of a non-party subpoena on a real estate broker who sought to evade service, which led to the deposition of the real estate broker and the complete dismissal of all claims against our client, a real estate developer.
New York State
- United States District Court for the Southern District of New York
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of New York
J.D. Fordham University School of Law
B.A. New York University