Mr. Appelbaum is a commercial litigator who represents business enterprises and individuals in a wide array of matters at both the State and Federal trial and appellate levels. Mr. Appelbaum focuses his practice on intellectual property law, real estate litigation and contract disputes. In the intellectual property realm, Mr. Appelbaum routinely represents and advises individuals and business enterprises in the registration and maintenance of Intellectual Property in the United States and internationally.
Prior to joining the firm, Mr. Appelbaum interned for Judge Ellen Spodek of the Kings County Supreme Court, Fidelity National Title Insurance Company, and William Schwitzer and Associates.
- Handles and maintains all international and United States trademark applications and registrations for the firm.
- Successfully negotiated worldwide coexistence agreements for use of intellectual property.
- Successfully obtained multiple cancellations of various infringing trademark registrations by the USPTO and the China Trademark Office.
- Obtained favorable settlement for general contractor in breach of contract case.
- Successfully defended employers in the service industries in litigations brought under the Fair Labor Standards Act and related New York labor laws.
- Successful representation of clothing company in action commenced under the American with Disabilities Act and related State laws.
- Successfully obtained and enforced judgment against real estate investor in breach of contract dispute.
- Successfully appealed and overturned State real estate tax liability imposed on client.
- Successfully defeated multiple motions against landlord in Landlord-Tenant Court.
- Successfully obtained judgment in breach of contract dispute and successfully garnished wages in furtherance of judgment.
- Conducted due diligence and assisted with merger and acquisition deals valued over $40 million dollars.
- Draft Licenses, Lease Agreements, Severance Agreements, and Closing Statements.
Member of New York City Bar Association
New York State
J.D. Fordham University School of Law
B.A. City University of New York – Brooklyn College