Oved & Oved LLP serves the interests of clients across a wide range of strategic business transactions and counseling matters.
For many clients, we act as primary outside counsel to provide coordinated, multidisciplinary representation. The Firm provides a wide array of legal services to emerging and start-up businesses in every industry. Each corporate attorney in this group has experienced counseling early stage and growth companies, providing valuable services to these clients to enable them to grow.
Oved & Oved LLP is not just a corporate law firm. We are business lawyers, providing not just legal advice but also providing practical and business-oriented approaches to solving complex legal business issues. In addition to our legal expertise, our attorneys have backgrounds in corporate finance, intellectual property/technology protection and licensing, international trade, import-export issues, computer law, estate planning and corporate law. Oved & Oved LLP epitomizes the type of corporate lawyer New York is known for, and prides itself on employing the kind of corporate attorney New York requires.
Our corporate attorneys regularly counsel clients on matters related to organization and structure, provide advice on matters arising in day-to-day operations, assist in negotiating and documenting financing and business expansion transactions, and provide guidance in acquisitions, sales, mergers and divestitures.
The clients served by our corporate law group range from the top ranks of the Fortune 500, to middle-market and emerging companies, to closely held and family-run businesses. Among the firm’s clients are entrepreneurial start-up enterprises, partnerships and publicly owned companies. These clients are engaged in the broadest range of businesses and include manufacturers, service companies, banks and financial institutions, investment banking firms, retailers, high-technology enterprises, nonprofit organizations, real estate developers, operators and brokerage firms, sports and entertainment companies, and professional organizations. We also serve financial institutions and private equity and venture capital firms.
We take pride in adding value for all of our clients, across a wide array of enterprise and transaction sizes, through our dedication to excellence of lawyering and diligence of representation. We make extensive use of technology and knowledge management systems to enhance the efficiency of our lawyers, allowing us to handle even the smaller transactions on a cost-effective basis. These experiences reinforce the values that we share with many of our corporate clients, including commitments to best practices, efficiency, diversity and pro bono representation. In turn, the consistency of these values serves as a basis for the development of close partnering relationships with many of our clients.
Our New York corporate lawyers routinely counsel and work with our clients on a broad range of legal matters, including:
- Business and contract counseling; structuring and formation of various business entities such as S Corporations, C Corporations, LLC’s, Trusts, Partnerships or other entities.
- Negotiating and preparing agreements for business combinations and divestitures (Acquisitions and dispositions), including asset and stock purchase and sales transactions, mergers, consolidations, reorganizations, liquidations, divisions and similar restructurings.
- Debt financing transactions (including both senior debt and subordinated debt/mezzanine).
- Equity investments (both private equity and venture capital).
- Succession planning and disputes between owners, executive employment agreements and incentive arrangements, transnational arrangements, including distribution and sales representative agreements.
- Contract creation and review.
- Structuring domestic and international joint ventures and strategic alliances (formation and governance), establishing licensing and technology transfer arrangements, negotiating venture financing transactions and developing other creative financing techniques.
- Negotiating, on behalf of lenders and borrowers, secured and unsecured bank and other institutional loan agreements, mortgages and similar financing instruments.
- Preparing dealership, distributorship, licensing, technology transfer, franchise and similar agreements.
- Advising officers and directors on fiduciary responsibilities and obligations and corporate governance issues.
- Developing and documenting executive compensation arrangements and employee benefit programs.